Saturday, February 1, 2020

See you later, Grana! 1/31/20 ❤️

On Friday, 1/24/20 my 97 year old Grana got to go be with Jesus, something she was really looking forward to. I can’t imagine what the reunion between she and my Gpa or her son, Skipper must have been like. As a believer we grieve, but we grieve with hope. I already miss her so incredibly much. When I had some exciting news to share she was always at the top of my list of people to share it with. She was a faithful prayer warrior and prayed me through so many obstacles over the last 43 years. She was filled with God’s love and grace. I went to visit my family the weekend before she passed away. I got to spend two whole days with her and that was a huge blessing to me. She waved goodbye to me as normal. She would always stand at the door and watch me leave. As I drove away I  was overcome with emotion and couldn’t fight back the tears, something that doesn’t normally occur as I leave. It has been tough to say goodbye, so we are saying see you later. She will be waiting for us and then I will receive more Grana hugs. As we were about to hang up the phone I would say, “I love you,” but she would always end with, “I love you more.”

No comments: